Julia Den Boer at Constellation
March 3 @ 8:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Julia Den Boer, piano
The works featured on this program investigate sonic, temporal and spatial structures as they are fractured and reconstructed. Each piece explores new boundaries for the performer through extreme virtuosity, a total and physical approach to the instrument, and creative experiments of sonic bending.
The program features the Chicago premiere of Zosha Di Castri’s DUX, commissioned through the pianist/composer Mikhashoff Fund, and the US premiere of Samuel Yulsman’s Between Partial Crossings.
– Zosha Di Castri, DUX (2017)
– Sam Yulsman, Between Partial Crossings (2018) US premiere
– Ann Cleare, I am not a clockmaker either (2009), version for piano and electronics
– Alvin Lucier, Music for Piano with slow sweep pure wave oscillators (2001)
– Rebecca Saunders, Crimson (2005)